DAMINION 0.9B RELEASED
A new minor Daminion build is now available to download. Below you’ll find a list of changes to Daminion since the 0.8.9.477 version.
To get the latest version of the program visit our Download page.
- Added: Camera Importer
- You can now import photos into Daminion from your digital cameras and removable devices. A list of the removable devices appears in the drop down menu of the Add Files button immediately after you insert a flash-card into your card-reader or connect a removable drive.
- You can preview the images to be transferred. Images and Videos can be grouped by Creation Date, Folder or Media Type. Hovering the mouse over a thumbnail displays a large tool tip with a medium-sized image preview allowing you to see the image in greater detail.
- Media files can be renamed during the transfer using a handy renaming function. Files can be imported to your computer and then either imported into Daminion’s local catalog or uploaded to your server computer and imported to a shared catalog (via Daminion Server).
- This is the very first version of the Camera Importer. As such, it will be undergoing continual improvement. For example, we’ll be adding a backup option and the ability to assign tags to imported images
- The “Rescan Folders” feature has been partially implemented. It will be totally rewritten for the next minor version (a few minor bugs will be fixed and performance will be optimized).
- Added: an option to display all the image metadata using the ExifTool (Advanced > Show All Metadata)
- Added: support for RW2 and NRW formats
- Added: an option to read metadata from Files. (Actions > Read Metadata From Files).
- A Sync button has been added to the toolbar to manage Daminion Catalog <-> File Metadata synchronization.
- Added: the ability to switch off automatic metadata synchronization
- Added: the option to preserve File Creation Date during export
- Added: progress indicator for Check-In of large files
- Real time progress indicator for Import and Metadata syncing processes
- Added: a “Remove from Catalog” option on the main workspace context menu
- Parent tags that have a number of children now take less time to expand (faster by 50-80%)
- Hovering the mouse over a tag in the Properties window displays a tool tip with a hierarchy of the tag’s ancestors
Added: the Catalog Tags panel now supports the Home and End shortcuts on the keyboard
- The Auto-Sync Metadata option is now turned off by default.
- The sync option icon now displays whether Auto-Sync Metadata is turned on or not.
- Fixed: The issue of Daminion Server and Daminion Server Admin Panel opening slowly on computers without an active Internet connection.
- Fixed: bug with Daminion Server installation – when the 8082 or 8084 port was occupied by a third-party service
- Tags are correctly exported as text, preserving their hierarchy from the Properties Panels
- The Exif:UserComment fields, which were causing metadata to be incorrectly written into images, have been removed from the mapping fields of the Description tag.
- Resolved: an issue with LightRoom and several other third-party photo management tools which were reading saved Rating values incorrectly.
- The Place tag now saves correctly into the metadata
- Fixed: a bug preventing EXIF metadata from being updated (including Datetime, DPI)
- Fixed: a bug disconnecting the server when large files were uploading
- Fixed: bug causing “StrongHierarchyTagEditor: this.TagLevels.Count < indexedTagValues.Length” message to appear
- Fixed: a problem with adding a new tag to the Catalog Tags panel
- Fixed: the issue of an “Unable to get the checked out file” error message appearing when checking out files from the Daminion Server
- Fixed: program freezing during export when server became unavailable
- Fixed: problem with program freezing when clicking on the Preview button in the video files’ Export window
- Client and Project Tag can now be displayed in the Properties Panelр
- Fixed: minor bug with Quick Search
- Fixed: an issue with the message “unzulässige Funktion” appearing during installation of Daminion Server on German versions of Windows
- Fixed: a bug related to moving files from local to shared catalog
- Fixed: a bug that appears in the “Create a new Place” form in the Catalog Tags tree
- Fixed: several issues related to importing PicaJet XML files
- Fixed: Hotkey problem with the DateTime tag in the Properties panel
- The Browse button now works in the Check Out window
- The Preview window is now cleared after files have been removed
- Fixed: bug when two tags with the same name, but different parents, are not displayed.
- Fixed: freezing of the Sync indicator in some instances
- Fixed: Daminion launching with a broken configuration file
- Fixed: an issue with exporting/importing tag structure
- Fixed: slow launch of Daminion standalone version
- Fixed: the problem of the server disconnecting when files are uploading
- Fixed: the problem of folder parents being displayed incorrectly on the search bar
- Fixed: problem of the server disconnecting when more than 10 folder tags are selected
- Removed: array tags from sorting option (a minor bug was related to this)
- Fixed: minor issue of the appearance of the system message “There is no disk in the drive”
- Several other minor bugs fixed and improvements made