(sorted by validity and meaningfulness)
1. No longer caring about metadata
Potential for lost assets, makes assets invisible for searches, and allows others to illegally use your data. Without metadata, DAM is useless!
2. Little information about asset
Due to a lack of resources (time, workforce, funds); a lack of software with built-in automated cataloguing functions; or a lack of convenient tools to help a user quickly describe an asset’s content.
Assets embedded with little or no information can mean difficult and tedious searches. Daminion makes it unnecessary for users to worry about endless metadata standards and fields. You’ll have a limited set of Tags that are mapped to various metadata fields.
3. Incorrectly written metadata.
If you don’t use the right tools to correctly describe your files, it doesn’t matter how meticulous you are—the files will be ineffective. Other systems will be unable to correctly import and see your asset’s information. This problem is completely dependant on your DAM system. Users should avoid DAM solutions with the following issues:
- Limited support of metadata standards. Random support for XMP or Native Format Specific metadata.
- Incorrectly written metadata that can’t be read in the same way it was written. For example, very few products can save/read correctly hierarchical keywords and split the location into Region\Country\State\City\Location according to IPTC\XMP\MWG specifications.
- Limited succes in writing metadata for various formats, including Camera RAW, PNG or PDF.